Terms and Conditions
Bookings and payment
1. You can book accommodation at Freedom Shores Resort either online, on the phone, or in person. Upon check in photo id will required.
2. Once you pay for your booking (either in whole or in part), you will be deemed to have accepted these Terms.
3. You must pay for your booking in Australian dollars.
4. There may be instances where you try to make a booking but we are unable to accommodate you. We try to avoid this as much as possible, but if this happens, we will notify you that your booking has been unsuccessful.
5. When you make a booking, you will be required to pay a deposit equal to at least the first night’s rate of the booking. You will then be required to pay the balance on the day of arrival.
Transferring your booking
6. For your safety and emergencies, it’s important we know who is staying at any given time. For this reason, your booking:
a) is provided to you in your personal capacity (and any other guests named on the booking in theirs); and
b) can’t be transferred, resold, or otherwise changed into the name of another person without written consent.
Changing your booking
7. If you would like to change your booking for any reason, you must obtain prior consent to do so.
8. While we will try our best, Freedom Shores Resort may not be able accommodate your request to change your booking for any reason whatsoever.
9. If we agree to change your booking, we may adjust the rate that applies to your booking to reflect the applicable rate on the changed booking dates. In legal terms, this varies the agreement between you and us. In practical terms, this means that the total cost of your booking may change.
Cancelling your booking
10. We understand that from time to time, you may need to cancel your booking.
11. If you cancel your booking, then the following cancellation policy applies:
a) If you cancel more than 24hrs before the check in date you will receive a full refund, refunded back to the card on file.
b) If you cancel your booking within less than 24hrs before the check in date you will forfeit the deposit of the first nights stay.
d) If you cancel for any reason whatsoever after the arrival date, you forfeit all monies and will not be entitled to any refund.
12. If you are a no show, your booking will be cancelled and you will not be entitled to a refund. That is, you will still be required to pay the full amount set out in your booking.
**For all exclusive-use resort bookings and large group bookings, a 25% deposit is required to secure the rooms. This deposit will become non-refundable 6 weeks prior to the event. For any cancellations within the 6 weeks of the event, the deposit will be forfeited.**
13. You are solely responsible for your property at all times at Freedom Shores Resort.
14. If your property is lost, stolen, or damaged at Freedom Shores Resort, we are under no obligation to:
a) replace the property;
b) compensate you for; or
c) be liable for any loss or damage suffered as a result.
15. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not responsible or liable for any accident or, direct or indirect loss including but not limited to loss suffered to property or person, damage, fatality, injury, psychological injury, inconvenience, loss of enjoyment, disappointment or health related issue whatsoever during your stay at
16. You agree to fully and finally release and discharge us from any liability, claim, action, right or entitlement whatsoever you have against us whether known or unknown, whether accrued, contingent or inchoate arising out of, concerning or relating to your stay.
17. If a condition or warranty can’t be excluded at law then you agree to the fullest extent permitted by law that our liability for a breach of the condition or warranty shall be, at our sole election, the re-supply or payment of the cost of re-supply of the relevant goods or services. All other conditions and/or warranties are expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
18. You fully indemnify us against any loss, liability, damage, action, demand, expense, claims.
19. Guests and invitees are expected to behave in a manner which is conducive to the safety, comfort and convenience of other guests within the property. A breach of any house rules may result in the eviction of the offenders at the direction of the Manager. The Suite or Boat Cabin must not be used for any unlawful purpose.
20. Whoever holds the master occupancy must be over 18 years of age and responsible for any minors travelling with them during their stay.
21. To book accommodation within the grounds of Freedom Shores Pty Ltd, you agree to these Terms and Conditions.